14 Jan 2010 - Peri Shawn Your 2010 CAPS National President -

January 14, 2010

Dear CAPS Member:

Earlier in 2009, you shared your thoughts and ideas in the CAPS Membership Survey. Thank you. We value your feedback very much.

Your CAPS Chapter Presidents, Chapter Presidents Elect and National Board members reflected on your input. And we talked at length about CAPS' future.

Short version ... You now have the CAPS 2010 - 2012 Strategic Plan. You can read the overview or the detailed version by clicking here . A big thank you to David Gouthro for all of his hard work to create the 2009 Membership Survey, to facilitate the planning discussions and to create the Strategic Plan.

You may be asking yourself ... "What does the Strategic Plan have to do with me?"

My answer ... "A lot."

Based on your feedback, CAPS has set the stretch goal of becoming the resource of choice for our decision makers within three years. And this affects both you and CAPS in the next three years.

You may be saying to yourself ... "How does this affect CAPS this year?"

My answer ... "Great question."

This year is about getting CAPS ready. It's about CAPS revisiting its branding. It's about CAPS clarifying its essential message. It's about CAPS discovering and planning the best way to reach our decision makers with that message. And ... it's about CAPS lining up our technology to better match our marketing goals.

Then we will be ready to market CAPS to our decision makers.

You may be thinking ... "What can I do to be better aligned with the CAPS National Marketing?"

My response ... "Do some reflecting and planning:

What are you going to do to be better aligned?
Is it time to revisit your branding?
Is it time to clarify your essential message?
Is it time to update your technology?
Is it time to figure out how to reach more of your decision makers?
And ... is it time for you and your business to learn more about marketing?"
Based on your feedback, CAPS National has also made the decision to provide you with more targeted national programming so you have access to great marketing ideas so you can grow your business.

Your free CAPS National Webinars in 2010 will have a marketing and growing your business focus (Thanks to Hugh Culver for doing such a great job of putting these together). And you'll have the opportunity to attend the Advanced Speakers Forum on the May 15 - 16 weekend in Toronto where you'll have one of the best marketers walk you through some of the most effective marketing ideas that really work (Thanks to Ravi Tangri for being our National Program Director)!!!! More on these programming directives in 2010.

As you can tell, your 2010 CAPS National Board is dedicated to providing you with great member value. And ... there is more to come (thus the reason you want to ensure you are reading future President's Messages).

So what are you thinking now?

I'm sure you're thinking ... "What's the theme for this year?"?

My response ... "What a great question!!!!!!!!!"

The theme is year is A Quantum Journey: Delivering Compelling Value

Someone recently asked me, "Why a quantum journey and not a quantum leap? Everyone knows what a quantum leap is ... a big step forward. Why a quantum journey?"

Because you and your CAPS leadership have chosen not one big step but a series of big steps over the next three years, this makes it a quantum journey ... a journey of quantum leaps.

And how are we going to get there? By delivering compelling value. Delivering compelling value to our fellow CAPS members. Delivering compelling value to our clients. And my hope is we will also deliver compelling value to those in our personal lives.

And in case you missed the AGM at the convention, your 2010 CAPS National Board members and their roles are:

Shelle Rose-Charvet, Immediate Past President
Ravi Tangri, Programming Director and President Elect
David Gouthro, Chapter Liaison
Janet Stewart-Lussier, Member Value
Elaine Froese, Member Relations
Hugh Culver, Technology
Merge Gupta-Sunderji, Marketing
Bob Parker, Industry Relations
Paul Fraser, Treasurer
With these professionals as your team, you know CAPS is in great hands. Personally, I feel privileged to serve with such a group of capable and dedicated individuals.

Join your fellow CAPS members on our Quantum Journey. As you welcome in 2010, consider doing some reflection and planning so you benefit from aligning yourself with the CAPS Strategic Plan.

May your business grow and prosper.

Peri Shawn

Your 2010 CAPS National President

Edited Tue, Jan 19, 2010 4:45 PM

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

CAPS Vancouver